Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top 5 Favorite Cereals

On a different note from football, I would like to talk about one of the most important aspects of my life; cereal. Here is to a snack/meal that can be eaten at any time of the day. Whether you eat it dry or with milk, cereal is a great food that has been around for a very long time. Here are my top 5 favorite cereals of all time. They cannot be a cereal that has been newly introduced and it must have been around for at least 10 years.

Crispix

5) Crispix is the healthier cereal of the bunch. The great thing about Crispix is it never gets soggy in your bowl. It has a distinct taste for a corn cereal and doesn't taste bland like a cereal such as corn flakes. Crispix is delicious, healthy and provides a nice change to all the sugary cereals out in our supermarket shelves.

apple jacks

4) Apple Jacks the cereal that does not taste like apples, but "we eat what we like". These orange colored o's are a nice sweet cereal that is different from many cereals out there. I cannot describe the taste because frankly I have no idea what they taste like. I feel that it is magical goodness that makes my mouth water at the sight of that bright green box. Other cereals that are O shaped; fruit loops, Oreo o's, and cherrio's do not compare to this apple cinnamon cereal.

Cocoa Pebbles

3) cocoa pebbles the greatest chocolate cereal of all time. Cocoa Krispies come in a close second compared to cocoa pebbles but the nice shape and true chocolate flavor bring it straight to the top. One thing I can definatly say is that cocoa puffs do not compare what so ever. Recently I purchased a box of cocoa puffs and on the box said "now more chocolate taste" bull fucking shit. Cocoa puffs used to be decent but now they taste life old shit chocolate balls. The best comparison I can give is cocoa puffs taste like chocolate covered Kix but shittier. The nice chocolate taste of cocoa pebbles bring a nice full chocolate taste and leave a nice bowl of chocolate milk afterwards. I personally think this is the best chocolate cereal in the world.

Photobucket

2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch a favorite cereal to many people across the world. Who can resist cinnamon and sugar taste in every bite, there is so much cinnamon and sugar in this cereal that when you reach into the box and you grab a handful your hand is covered in sugary goodness. Cinnamon toast crunch is so good theres not even any competition out there to rival those sweet little squares.

Kix

1) Kix, kid tested mother approved. These delicious little puffs of corn cereal are simple yet extraordinary how in the world do you get the perfect amount of sweetness on these tiny little balls. This can be seen as one of the healthier cereals and are great for young children. Kix are delicious and can be eaten as a snack or as a light and delicious meal. These perfectly sweetened puffs are by far the best cereal ever made and thus topping my list of the best cereals ever made.

4 comments:

CommanderCacho said...

i approve of all of these, but cocoa pebbles were more of a childhood favorite of mine. Eventually I didn't like how quickly they got soggy.

One cereal that went hand in hand with cinnamon toast crunch for me was Golden Grahams. I don't know if we talked about this, but I think might hate those. But they were sweet in a fatty way and they stayed crunchy.

Nazer Lagrimas Jr said...

haha it's like someone hit you with the advertising stick the way you included all the slogans/jingles.

I agree with all of those except for cocoa pebbles because of what lance said, they got too soggy, too fast.

"Cocoa puffs used to be decent but now they taste life old shit chocolate balls."

best line ever, I don't remember the last time I taste life old shit chocolate balls.

I'm also a fan of the other cheerios options, apple cinnamon, multi-grain, team, and at one point frosted.

adonis (old account) said...

"Eventually I didn't like how quickly they got soggy."

what the hell, soggy cocoa pebbles is like a delicacy to me. but yeah, im sad, no shoutout to CAPTAIN CRUNCH

CommanderCacho said...

captain crunch scratches the roof of your mouth.